Monday, August 07, 2006

Holy Guaca-mole!!



What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple Love

It cannot shatter Hope

It cannot corrode Faith

It cannot destroy Peace

It cannot kill friendship

It cannot suppress Memories

It cannot silence COURAGE

It cannot invade the Soul

It cannot steal Eternal Life

It cannot conquer the Spirit




That was in the back of the binder my new oncologist gave me to bring to all my appointments. I've seen it before, but that night, when we got home from Rochester and I read through all the information they had provided, turning the page and seeing those words made me cry - in a totally good way. They want that to be the last thing you see when your head is reeling with information and you're agonising over decisions, or waiting to hear if you're a candidate for treatments you want.

It occurs to me that cancer can actually do some of those things - if you let it. During this journey there have been times when it has beaten down my faith, robbed me of peace, shattered my hopes, invaded my soul and conquered my spirit. But that was all temporary and something to be overcome. As you go along this road, you realise that in order to survive, you can't let it do any of these things. This whole thing is a process - this is as real as it gets, people!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home