Monday, August 14, 2006

What does a girl have to do to feel like a cancer patient around here?

So Jim and I were driving along the NYS thruway today, there were a LOT of trailer trucks, which we passed because he was speeding. He used to drive trailer trucks and still uses a CB radio when he's driving long trips on his own, he says it's like an old-fashioned form of Internet in that you can listen to poeple's conversations just like you can lurk and read posts on a message board.

But do you KNOW what truck drivers are saying to each other??

They're talking about us.

He said they're probably radio-ing ahead and telling the trucks we were coming up on to look down at my boobs. He puts on this stupid pseudo-redneck accent and starts in; "I'd like to be the shoulder harness in that green pickup truck." and "Check out the seat cushion in that green truck." and even, "The redhead in the green truck just lifted her top for me!"

I was mortified and grabbed his jacket, covering myself and my merciless husband tells me, "Now they'll just think you're naked under it. Don't cover up, don't deny them that, baby."

He can be such an ass. But I had to laugh, mainly because he found himself so funny.

But it was more than that. Because we were on the way to meet with a radiation oncologist and the fact that we could laugh at all felt so freaking good.

Have I mentioned yet how much I love that man?

It's a stupid story - of the 'you really had to be there' sort, but I wanted to share that because my blog seems to have been a bit devoid of humor lately, which isn't a reflection on our life at all. We make each other laugh all the time, even in the most awful of situations.

The way I see it, if you can go through all this utter crap and still keep a sense of humor, you're not doing so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home