Thursday, August 17, 2006

How can I put this delicately...?

Chemotherapy has messed up my ... feminine functions...

I was under the impression that it would make me infertile and stop my periods. On the contrary, it made them closer together, heavier and about 100 times more unpleasant. Not going to go into the gritty details, suffice to say, Aunt Flo literally makes me sick.

Oh, and there ain't enough Midol in the world.


I remember the time Jim and I were in the grocery store, it was during the darkest days of chemo and I was looking at the herb teas for something to settle my stomach. He points one out "Oh look, there's one for PMS - NOT that you need it sweetheart!" he told me, giving me a big hug.

I had to laugh.

But seriously, this is just another thing that chemotherapy made more challenging. I'm glad that it seems to be a long way away in my distant future now. I hated it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home