Monday, August 21, 2006

Enough of the navel-gazing and introspection already!

It's a beautiful day!

The sky is blue, it's cool and clear, the best sort of day.

I've been focusing on the negative for a while and I'm tired of it. I start treatment next Monday and this might be the last time I feel well for a while, so I think I'm going to make the most of it.

Things to be grateful for:

My children are happy and healthy.

My husband loves me.

I have a roof over my head and a full stomach.

In spite of the Mother Of All Liver Tumors growing inside me (or MOALT), I still feel relatively well and have good energy levels.

I have a treatment planned that WILL work - or at least stabilise me (I have to believe that).

I live in a nice semi-rural area, with lots of trees and fields and excellent schools for my children.

School starts back soon and I am grateful that I have made the decision not to homeschool this year like I had planned, because I feel like they need to be in school with their own lives and be away from me and cancer for a while.

I am grateful for every second of life and don't want to waste any of it.

One week until treatment... It can't come soon enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home