Monday, August 21, 2006

Is it possible...?

...To hang on through sheer bloody-mindedness?

Someone e-mailed me this quote today, it made me laugh:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

I think I was that annoying person until the recent bombshell. I want to get back to that place, if only to be annoying again. I think finding out that you have an 11cm tumor in your liver is grounds for a brief nervous breakdown, so I'll allow myself that. But it is SO time to move on from that and concentrate on getting past this (albeit gargantuan) hump in the road.

Was I giving up before? Is that what losing hope is? Is acceptance giving up, or is it acknowledging the worst and then finding a way to deal with it?

Forget introspection, it's too emotionally tiring. I'm sick of being scared too, it feels too passive. I'm going back to blatent mockery. Look out melanoma, you're about to be either ignored, or laughed into extinction.



The above will be the last thing melanoma will see as I kill it with fire.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog made me cry. It made me laugh too. :)

Good luck with your treatment.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, the last post I can see now is August 21, but I know I have read something here more recently than that. And you usually post more regularly - is there a problem with the site or are you having a break? (I hope you are well and everything is okay)

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home