Tuesday, September 19, 2006

All I've got to say is....wow.

I've never been so tired.

I finished radiation on Thursday, was pretty sick Wednesday and Thursday too, Friday I made it through the day somehow and then Saturday I slept all day. All day. Sunday, Jim took me out for breakfast and we went for a drive, stopped at Niagara Falls, which was relaxing and very lovely.

Now, I'm just tired, but better every day. You know when I start to feel better the insomnia comes back, right. Heh. That's how I know...

So now we have three months until we know if this worked. I really hope it did, 11cm is pretty freaking big. I remember looking up into the collimator and seeing the size and shape of the thing. WTF?

How can this disease happen to people?

My good news is that I have no burns or discoloration from the radiation. And, after that couple of days last week, no sickness or anything. I DO have some pain in the area, which they said might happen, as the liver can swell after radiation. I'm just keeping my eye on that.

I don't have a lot else to say right now... too tired, I guess and I think I need a break from melanoma. There's only so much you can take and then you need to try and forget about it for a while.

I'll write more tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carver said...

Hi Heather,

Great to hear you are done with radiation and got some sleep at the end of it. Hopefully the pain from radiation won't last too longer and insomnia won't stick around long this time. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. Good for you in terms of trying to take a break from melanoma. I know it's different for those of you in the thick of the battle but I have an inkling of what you mean by that. You are so brave and kind and I wish the very best for you.

As ever, Carver

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, I'm sure you are also tired of all the going to and from your appointments. That takes alot out of a person when your not used to it, besides from your treatments. So rest girl!! You deserve it!!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home