Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Not so scary...

Some pictures of me being radiated - well about to be radiated. What they did was allow Jim to take some pics before they got me positioned properly. In reality I was much closer to the gantry while having treatment. If I looked up into the window above me, I could see the collimator and the shape/size of my tumor. It was pretty interesting.





After the last treatment!!



It wasn't so scary. And if it worked (which I have to assume that it did), it was well worth it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thxs for posting your pictures. Glad you are finished with the radiation. I'm rooting for you, Heather! I'm originally from Upstate NY (Syracuse) now living in Boston. Thought I would post, especially since you probably wonder who and if people are reading your blog! I love your feistiness! Nancy

9:03 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

Heather,

I'm glad you posted the photographs. It helped me and I'm sure other understand more about what is involved with radiation. I even have a family member who went through radiation treatments but I never saw the machinery so your photos were interesting. I'm assuming the radiation treatment worked for you, right along side your assumption. You are as ever in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care, Carver

6:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Heather, great pics! Thanks for sharing!

You are beautiful and have quite a flat belly considering there is an 11cm tumour in there! Hopefully you zapped the bejeezus out of it though!

Thinking of you
Sarah

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home